Tuesday 24 January 2012

And if you don't know, now you know

Hey everyone and welcome to my blog. Hip Hop, as most of you know, is very popular in Canada and the United States. Everyone at some point has been a part of its culture, whether you have heard a song, seen someone dancing or emceeing and have walked by a piece of art.

It was in high school I began having a real appreciation for music and discovering my taste, especially hip hop and its culture. Since I started university it has been my goal to work in the entertainment industry. I have decided to focus on this goal and combine it with my love for hip-hop, but all things hip-hop (music, break-dancing, graffiti, emcee’s) both underground and mainstream.

I want to open your eyes to something you may not have much care for or reintroduce you to something you may have forgotten about and better yet help expand a love you may already have. There are several blogs out there strictly about hip-hop, but I hope mine brings you recent news and info about today’s hip hop, while never forgetting the influences of old school hip hop. I will be posting videos, photos, music and information related to hip hop not only from North America, but also other countries. I am not an expert, I don’t make beats and I can’t bust a good rhyme, but I have a passion for real music and lyrics, art and dancing that I want to share. So don’t be afraid to leave your comments, ask me questions or add to my discussion. 
Peace, love and hip hop.
"I start thinking, how many souls hip-hop has affected
How many dead folks this art resurrected
How many nations this culture connected." - Common, The 6th Sense



No comments:

Post a Comment